The Board of Christian Education has chosen Church World Service’s “Best Gift” as our 2020 Lenten Mission Project. Money to purchase sheep and chickens will be collected until Easter Sunday, April 12. The sheep are $60.00 each, and two hens and a rooster are $18.00. Your donation will go toward the purchase of sheep or chickens depending in which basket you place your donation.
Chickens require little space and can thrive on scraps allowing families to make money without spending much. With a donation of $18.00 a family will be given two hens and a rooster along with training to turn your donation into a lifetime opportunity.
- One hen can lay up to 200 eggs a year. The eggs provide protein and nourishment for the family.
- Sale of extra eggs and offspring can boost the family income
- Passing this gift on ensures security for generations
Sheep can graze on the hilliest, rockiest pastures unsuitable for other livestock. They are adaptable and are able to survive nearly anywhere in the world. A gift of $60.00 will provide a family with a sheep.
- Sheep can provide milk for hungry families.
- Wool from the sheep is used to make warm clothing.
- Sale of extra wool can boost the income of the family.